World AIDS Day
World AIDS Day (WAD) is commemorated around the world on December 1st each year. It has become one of the most recognized international health days and a key opportunity to raise awareness about HIV/AIDS, remember those who have died, and celebrate victories - such as increased access to treatment and prevention services.
World AIDS Day (Observed) 2012: November 30th
On the road to Zero
Missouri History Museum in Lee Auditorium
8:30 AM - Noon
How Far We've Traveled & The Road Ahead:
- Dr. Betsy Herold, MD "New Routes to Zero Through Medicine & Healthcare"
- Mr. Rashad Burgess, MA "Prevention - An Off-Ramp from HIV"
- Panel Discussion "Driving Toward Zero"
Light breakfast will be provided from 8:30 - 9:00 AM. Program begins at 9:00 AM. Youth Photovoice Gallery and AIDS Memorial Quilt panels will be on display.
The AIDS Memorial Quilt will be displayed as follows in coordination with World AIDS Day:
· Missouri History Museum
· Tri-County AIDS Task Force, Carrollton, Illinois
· Lindenwood University
· Trinity Presbyterian Church, University City
· Missouri Department of Health & Senior Services/Office of Minority Health, Jefferson City
· Food Outreach
· Maryville University
· MasterCard Worldwide, O’Fallon, Missouri
· St. Louis County Health Department
· University of Missouri – St. Louis, Millennium Student Center
· St. John’s United Church of Christ
· Washington Metropolitan AME Zion Church
· First Baptist Church of St. Louis City
· St. Alphonsus “Rock” Catholic Church
· Centennial Christian Church
For additional information regarding WAD, please contact Nancy Kelley at 314-333-6666.
|Saint Louis Effort for AIDS||Project ARK/ Washington University|
|Doorways||SAGE Metro St. Louis|
|Food Outreach||St. Louis City Department of Health|
|MATEC||St. Louis County Department of Health|
|Metro Community Church of Greater St. Louis||Southern Illinois Healthcare Foundation|
|Metro St. Louis Chapter - The NAMES Project Foundation||The Community Wellness Project|
|Missouri AIDS Task Force||Washington University AIDS Clinical Trials Units|
|Missouri History Museum||Washington University Infectious Disease Clinic|
|Places for People||Williams & Associates|
World AIDS Day: National HIV/AIDS Strategy